1. If I _______ you, I’d join the army.
A. am B. was C. were D. would be
2. “If the sun ______ tomorrow, what would we do?”
A. will not rise B. would not rise
C. did not rise D. does not rise
3. If you ______ to see Mary, what would you tell her?
A. are B. will be going C. must D. were
4. I would have said “Hello” to him if I ______ your brother.
A. could see B. had seen C. will see D. will have seen
5. If you had wanted to buy a record, what ________?
A. would you buy B. had you bought
C. would you have bought D. would you be buying
6. If the tablets had dissolved, John ______.
A. would probably die B. had probably died
C. probably would be died D. would probably have died
7. ________ if you had lost your watch?
A. Hadn’t you been upset B. Wouldn’t you be upset
C. Weren’t you upset D. Wouldn’t you have upset
8. -----“I was so sorry to hear about Jack.”
-----“If he had made more friends here, he might ________.”
A. have stayed B. have stay C. stayed D. stay
9. If I had a bike, I ______ it to you yesterday.
A. would have lent B. would lend
C. would have lend D. could lend
10. ____________, John would not have failed.
A. If he has listened to me B. Had he listened to me
C. If he listened to me D. As he listened to me
11. Had Alice been more hardworking, she ________.
A. had not failed B. would not have failed
C. would not fail D. could not be failed
12. -----“Steve made a reservation already.”
-----“______ he change his mind, he can cancel it.”
A. Should B. Would C. If D. So
13. I wished it _______ but it did.
A. occurred not B. did not accur
C. had not occurred D. would not occur
14. I _______ Professor Jones had taught me this equation.
A. believe B. deeply think C. wish D. suppose
15. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, so it seems as if the sun _____ around the earth.
A. circles B. is circling C. be circling D. were circling