1. Our football team will never take the defeat ____ down.
A. sitting B lying C. going D. climbing
2. My father agreed ____ my going.
A. to B. with C. at D. in
3. Zhang Hong began to learn swimming at ____ of five.
A. an age B. the age C. age D. ages
4. He can't tell right ____ wrong.
A. with B. for C. from D. after
5. I hope you will ____ that our teacher's advice is excellent.
A. agree with B. agree to C. agree with me D. agree to me
6. I'm rather anxious ____ her, for I haven't heard from her for a long time.
A. towards B. about C. in D. over
7. He was not satisfied ____ the answer.
A. of B. on C. with D. in
8. My handwriting is almost nothing compared ____ yours.
A. to B. / C. against D. on
9. All sorts of spare-time schools _____ in our city during the past few years.
A have come into being B. came into being
C. come into being D. were set up
10. I congratulate you ____ your success.
A. for B. with C. on D. about
11. Would you ____ us tomorrow evening for a chat?
A. drop in B. drop in on C. drop in at D. drop down
12. Children depend ____ their parents for food and clothes.
A. with B. in C. on D. about
13. The poisonous waste from these factories does great ____ to the health of the people.
A. harm B. harmful C. harmlessness D. harmfully
14. Eating more fruit will do you ____ .
A. very good B. very well C. well enough D. a lot of good
15. He is a different man ____ what he was ten years ago.
A. than B. from C. with D. as
16. He has always dreamed ____ taking a trip around the world.
A. for B. of C. by D. with