1. When you do fine, close work, such as reading or drawing, raise your eyes ____ and look into the distance.
A. once in a while B. once for a while
C. once at a while D. once upon a while
2. Read the notice and then ____ .
A. pass it B. pass it on C. pass it by D. pass on it
3. We hope that she will ____ soon.
A. returns back B. reach to home C. reach for D. pull through
4. We must show concern ____ each other.
A. with B. for C. at D. to
5. I ____ too much reading.
A. am tiring B. tired out because of
C. am tired out in D. tired myself out with
6. I owe ____ you ____ I'm still alive.
A. /; because B. for; for C. it for; that D. it to; that
7. That shed protects the animals ____ the rain.
A. from B. of C. out of D. on
8. He patted Tom ____ shoulder.
A. on his B. in the C. on the D. at the
9. Do try and have ____ the children. Remember that you were young once.
A. patient with B. patient to C. patience with D. patience to
10. New ways have been found to prevent the river ____ .
A. not to be pollute B. against polluting
C. from polluting D. from being polluted
11. A young man knocked him down and robbed ____ .
A. his watch B. his watch from him
C. him of his watch D. a watch of his
12. Madame Curie ____ one of the greatest scientists in the world.
A. regarded to B. regarded as C. is regarded as D. is regarded to be
13. We went to the airport to see our friend ____.
A. by B. on C. with D. off
14. Try to separate the good apples ____ the bad ones.
A. with B. out of C. off D. from
15. I spend a lot of time ____ my stamps.
A. for B. in C. on D. at