1. Wood can be made ____ paper.
A. into B. of C. from D. out of
2. I'm determined to ____ the lost time.
A. make up B. make up of C. make of D. make up for
3. How long ____ she ____ Robert?
A. has; married B. has; married with
C. has; been married to D. has; been married with
4. Have you made up your____ to give it up?
A. thought B. opinion C. idea D. mind
5. Make ____ that he is at home before you call on him.
A. sure B. safe C. certainly D. out
6. It doesn't ____ if I miss my train, because there's another ____ .
A. important; lately B. mind; later C. matter ; lately D. matter ; later
7. Is this the same ____ that one?
A. like B. with C. as D. for
8. I asked her ____ .
A. keep a secret B. to keep it a secret C. keep it secret D. do keep it a secret
9. Is this seat ____ ?
A. taken B. used C. owned D. sat
10. He seems to have a lot ____.
A. worries B. to worry C. to be worried D. to worry about
11. Now plastics has taken ____ of many natural materials.
A. place B. the place C. places D. a place
12. The people taught the cruel governor a good ____.
A. class B. lesson C. beating D. lecture
13. They ____ their child's rapid progress.
A. took a pride on B. took pride on C. took a pride in D. took pride in
14. Will this be ____ ?
A. too heavy for you to carry B. too heavy for you to carry it
C. so heavy for you to carry D. so heavy for you to carry it
15. Miss Chen speaks Japanese so well that people often take her ____ a Japanese girl.
A. in B. to C. after D. for