1. I thought he would get ____ trouble, and now he is really ____ trouble.
A. into; in B. into; into C. in; in D. in; into
2. He is ____ as any of us.
A. a good swimmer B. a swimmer as good
C. so good a swimmer D. as a good swimmer
3. They are nice boys and I'm sure you'll get on ____ them very well.
A. by B for C. to D. with
4. They came to help us as soon as they got ____ their work.
A. through B. with C. over D. on
5. We must get rid ____ flies.
A. with B. of C. off D. against
6. The French soldiers wanted to help the Swede ____ his difficulty.
A. out of B. from C. for D. out from
7. Please help ____ some fish.
A. you with B. yourself with C. yourself to D. you to
8. She ____ the place.
A. was in trouble to find B. had trouble to find
C. troubled in finding D. had trouble in finding
9. The Italian boy had no ____ the tall tree.
A. difficulty in climbing B. difficulties to climb
C. difficulties of climbing D. difficult climbing
10. Mr Smith often helps me ____ my study.
A. for B. with C. in D. about
11. No one can ____ the wheel of history.
A. hold up B. get hold of C. hold back D. take hold of
12. If anything happens ____ the machine, please let us know.
A. with B. on C. to D. at
13. ____ of danger you must keep calm.
A. At time B. At times C. In times D. In time
14. Who is ____ the children here?
A. on charge of B. in charge for C. to charge in D. in charge of
15. They started at once in search ____ the missing child.
A. with B. for C. of D. from
16. He stole the money and was put _____ .
A. at prison B. in prison C. at the prison D. in the prison
17. The blind men were dressed ____ .
A. into a rag B. in rags C. all rags D. with the rags
18. He gets up early and reads English aloud. ____ he has greatly improved his English.
A. On the way B. In this way C. By the means D. In this means
19. Now that the fog is clearing, you can see the mountain ____ .
A. at a distance B. at a distant C. in the distance D. in the distant
20. Mr Wang kept trying and his hard work led to success ____ .
A. at the end B. on end C. in the end D. by the end