I. Listening Comprehension Section A
Directions: In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. Much traffic. B. Inconvenient location.
C. Living in town. D. Expensive vehicles.
2. A. 5 pounds. B. 7 pounds.
C. 8 pounds. D. 10 pounds.
3. A. In a shopping mall. B. In a car showroom.
C. At a car repair shop. D. At a parking lot.
4. A. Whether the man has attended the conference.
B. Whether the conference is successful.
C. Whether the photos are ready.
D. Whether the quality of the pictures is good.
5. A. It is looked down upon. B. The room prices have dropped.
C. The rooms are beyond the beach. D. It is over-crowded.
6. A. Most people killed in traffic accidents are heavy drinkers.
B. Innocent people are unlikely to be drunk drivers.
C. Drivers run high risk of losing lives.
D. The danger of drunk driving deserves much attention.
7. A. Stay in bed. B. Go to a clinic.
C. Buy some medicine. D. Go to a drugstore.
8. A. Surfing the net. B. Watching a TV programme.
C. Looking for a fashion site. D. Making a new dress.
9. A. She liked the poor children on TV.
B. She worked for the Hope Project.
C. She felt obliged to donate.
D. She hoped to be a millionaire.
10. A. The man should consult his dancing teacher.
B. The man should take other interesting courses.
C. The man should continue his dancing class.
D. The man should improve his dancing skills first.
Directions: In Section B，you will hear several longer conversation(s) and short passage(s), and you will be asked several questions on each of the conversation(s) and the passage(s). The conversation(s) and the passage(s) will be read twice, but the questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, read the four possible answers on your paper and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A. It can cultivate their love for music.
C. It can control their shopping habits.
B. It can reduce work pressure.
D. It can encourage job creation.
12. A. Fast music. B. Slow music. C. Rock music. D. Relating music.
13. A. Background music has no effect.
C. Muzak is a music supplier.
B. Milliam experimented on traffic flow.
D .Background music makes a difference.
14. A. They support human life. B. They cure human diseases.
C. They estimate species. D. They stop plant extinction.
15. A. Polluting the environment. B. Destroying wildlife habitat.
C. Organizing activities. D. Introducing new species
16. A. To analyze the main causes of the disappearing of wildlife.
B. To appeal to people to protect wildlife.
C. To emphasize the importance of the earth.
D. To describe different ways to stop pollution.
Questions 17 through 20 are based on the following conversation.
17. A. She goes jogging. B. She exercises in the gym.
C. She exercises at home. D. She goes swimming.
18. A. Because she can’t fall asleep at night.
C. Because of the weather condition.
B. Because she can’t get up in the morning.
D. Because of her tight schedule.
20. A. How the woman stays healthy.
C. How the woman loses weight.
B. How the woman has a balanced diet.
D. How the woman changes habits.
19. A. Vegetables. B. Meat. C. Fish. D. Cakes.