1. You should keep calm during your _______ test. Do not be nervous.
A. oral B.platform C.rude D.shield
2. Our guide gave us a detailed _______ of this painting but we still do not understand.
A. authority B.interpretation C.instruction D.institution
3. Our _______ is London. But the plane took us to Paris.
A. departure B.donkey C.destination D.discount
4. Generally speaking, there is always a generation _______ in every country.
A. gap B.break C.globe D.equality
5. Careful planning and hard work will _______ our final success.
A. enclose B.ensure C.discharge D.deny
6. He _______ to his roommate for being so rude yesterday.
A. worried B.doubted C.apologized D.dissolved
7. When you take a picture, you should _______ carefully to get a sharp picture.
A. focus B.object C.preserve D.fix
8. The Chinese food in the United States is usually _______ for American people.
A. exchanged B.altered C.modified D.cooked
9. There are _______ approaches to English teaching. But not all of them are equally efficient for our Chinese students.
A. double B.joint C.orginate D.diverse
10. He has a bad impression of his _______ in the office.
A. colleagues B.bullets C.barbers D.audience
11. His eyes _______ with rage but he did not dare to say anything.
A. flashed B.wicked C.voted D.protested
12. The list is arranged according to the _______ professions of the audience.
A. respective B.responsible C.resource D.resolution
13. This is our _______. So you can do what you need to do here.
A. substance B.schedule C.notice D.noun
14. That rich man has been dead for a long time but his ________ is still not known to the public.
A. sausage B.shelf C.portion D.will
15.I could have _______ such a situation but I didn’t.
A. forecast B.overcome C.shed D.urged
16.I prefer a _______ typewriter to an automatic one.
A. mechanic B.manual C.merchant D.mental
17.If you want to stop for a moment, just press the ‘_______’ button on your tape recorder.
A. toilet B.thumb C.violin D.pause
20.I have _______ three terrible English examinations this week.
A. observed B.operated C.undergone D.suffered
1.A 2.B 3.C 4.A 5.B 6.C 7.A 8.C 9.D 10.A
11.A 12.A 13.B 14.D 15.A 16.B 17.D 18.D 19.A 20.C